Thursday, April 8, 2010

Be angry and sin not



I am angry.
No matter how hard I have tried... the Philippians 4:8 verse eludes me.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.



There was a time, when I could sit out on our back porch and be thankful. Especially during the spring time. Wisteria in full bloom, the warmth of the sun, honeysuckle wafting in on the cool breeze. Ahhh... the simple pleasures that God has given us. Gone are the days of back porch swings. No, the swing is still there, the flowers still bloom, and the sun is still warm. What's changed is me. What has contributed to that change? I have to say, all of the chicken little webpages and emails going around. I think it started back when our presidential election took place. No matter where we turned, some bill was being passed somewhere that threatened to take the freedom away from our citizens. Songs have been written in jest of the lies gushing out of Whitehouse... threats have been made to sue... and most of the announcements ring out the message of "we need to do something now to stop this atrocity!" (fill in the atrocity of your choice, plenty to chose from)

Okay, fine, so we need to 'do something'. Just what do you suggest we do? Call our state politician? Done that. Email? Done that, too. Guess what? They don't answer. Can't someone do something?
Oh wait... someone already has done something. That Someone is Christ Jesus. He came, at just the right time and became a ransom for our sins. Well, you might say, that's all well and good, but how's that going to fix the current political situation? Oh, well, it won't. What it will fix, however, is you. Me. Them. Whoever will allow the sacrifice to fix. Used to, we had a much bigger problem that a rotten political system. We had the wrath of God on us. I'd much rather face the current liars in Washington rather than have God's wrath on me. God won't change the world politics... Jesus never got involved in them, either. He simply said to render to Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's. Surely we're not expected to simply roll over and play dead, are we?

I keep hoping that the resurrection of the Body of Christ is so very near. Of course, I imagine the people that saw first hand the atrocities of Hitler thought as well. Probably the folks that lived through WWI, Desert Storm...and each major war we've been involved in. In fact, even the Apostles talked like His returning to get His bride was just around the corner... I have this to say..WHEN LORD???
Of course, the whole reason God is staying His hand is because He's long suffering. There will be a few more that accept His offer of eternal life (which, btw, was provided by the resurrection Life, not the sacrificial cross)

This anger really needs to go away. God hasn't changed, but I desperately want Him to change me. I've tried all those "feel good" verses, and nothing has helped. Of course, looking through this blog--sure is a lot of "my".. "mine".. "I" going on. We're to think of others, not ourselves. That's the problem though.. the 'others' I'm thinking of.. with the help of all of these "Sky is falling!" emails, are the politicians who DON'T have the good of the people in mind.
Paul states: Whatever state you're in, therewith be content" I'm trying, Paul.. I really am.

The wisteria in our front yard is just overflowing with blooms... looks like a thousand clusters of grapes just dripping from the vines. If you stand close by... the sweet scent is enough to make you heady. The bees are busy enjoying it as well... the soft buzzing as they swarm the bush is a contented sound. God indeed feeds the birds of the air, but, He doesn't throw the food in the nest! He also takes care of the bees, but doesn't throw the nectar and pollen on their bodies! If God has taken care of them won't He take care of us? So far He has. There again, God's the good Guy here. It's my heart that needs to change, and my thought need renewing..
Until next time...
Amazing_grace

No comments:

Post a Comment