Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wysteria and Rabbits

This morning, heading out to work, we were met by 3 fluffy bunnies in our front yard, totally oblivious to the fact that my son and I were their natural predators. Surrounded by the fragrant scent of the wysteria bush, this morning could have been a replica of the Garden of Eden. A feeling of peace washed over me and I took a moment to enjoy the frolicking of the rabbits in our yard.

What a lovely example of resting in Jesus. The rabbits had everything they needed for life--fresh water (compliments of the dog's water dish) plenty of fresh vegetation, with Spring making it's entrance known in full blossom, and they were enjoying it! Yes, their predators were also around--humanity, but they took no note in that. They enjoyed their own company, they enjoyed the morning dew, and just enjoyed life.

Too often, I find myself zeroing on my predators and not enjoying the blessings God has given me. I'm more worried about what the government is doing with this merit pay, than I am enjoying the fragrant wysteria. I'm more frustrated about 'little Billy" who refuses to put forth an effort in his work, instead of watching the roses sway in the breeze. God does little things like that, to remind us that yes, He's still here, He still cares, and He's still on His throne. Thank you, Lord, for reminding me through your creation to stop and smell the roses, and to give thanks to you FOR the roses.  I suppose we can complain that there are thorns among the roses, or we can be thankful that there are roses among the thorns.
Thank you Lord, for guarding my heart and giving me your peace that passes all understanding.
Simply.... thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment